These taste awesome and require very little attention.
Adaption of the Bare Feet In The Kitchen’s recipe.
- 1.5lb bag of Baby Dutch Yellow potatoes, halved
- Brown onion, diced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- 5 tablespoons butter (seriously)
- Salt (go wild)
- Cracked pepper
- A couple sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Medium pan, melt the butter
- Saute the onions until transluscent
- Add the potatoes, rosemary, salt and pepper. Drizzle oil, stir to combine and spread flat.
- Cover with the lid and reduce to medium low.
- Cook for ten minutes.
- Stir, cover with lid for five minutes.
- Cook uncovered for another five minutes until soft and obviously cooked
- Turn up the heat (medium or medium high, up to you) and stir them every couple of minutes until crispy
- Consider some more salt
- I lower the heat compared to the original by a whole step. I’ve found shit burns real quick otherwise.
- I use a chef’s pan, not a cast iron pan. Honestly, who ever heard of a cast iron pan with a lid?